Page 1 of 1
Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 5:42 pm
by Robert Davis
Every time I look online, I see wild split routines and complicated programs. Thinking of keeping it simple with just the main lifts and building from there. Any other beginners taking the same approach?
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 5:50 pm
by BoltXc4
Basics never fail, bro. Squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press that’s your bread and butter.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 6:05 pm
by Barry-65
I wasted months trying influence-style routines. As soon as I focused on compounds, strength shot up.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 6:35 pm
by Robert Davis
Yeah, same reason I’m leaning simple. Don’t wanna drown in fluff workouts.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 7:32 pm
by Brody778
Run something like 5x5. It’s boring, but it builds a crazy base.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 7:53 pm
by Larry4K
Compounds are 80% of your progress. Accessories can come later.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 8:00 pm
by Robert Davis
So focus on getting strong at the big lifts first, then worry about detail work?
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 9:49 pm
by CoreyGm0
Exactly, bro. Build the frame before adding detail.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 10:17 pm
by John Martinez
And don’t forget progressive overload. Add weight or reps each week. That’s how you grow.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 10:19 pm
by David Thompson
Keep it simple, stay consistent and the gains will come. Basics built every legend.