Page 1 of 2

New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 6:54 pm
by MarkB%223
: Just started hitting the weights and I’m kind of lost when it comes to food. Right now, I’m just making sure I get protein in, but no real plan. When you first started, what did your diet look like?

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 7:30 pm
by David Thompson
Bro, when I first started, I was smashing chicken, rice and broccoli 3x a day because that’s what YouTube told me. Looking back, it was boring as hell.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 7:44 pm
by BoltXc4
Honestly just hitting protein is already better than 90% of new guys. Add some carbs around training and you’ll feel way stronger.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 8:36 pm
by Brik#Ass
I lived on peanut butter sandwiches and milk when I started. Not perfect but it fueled growth.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 8:37 pm
by MarkB%223
Lol, yeah I feel like I’m overthinking it. Just need basics to get moving.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 9:09 pm
by Barry-65
Basics = protein every meal, veggies for health, carbs for energy, fats for hormones. Nail those and you’re golden.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 10:06 pm
by CoreyGm0
Don’t stress about clean vs dirty. Just hit calories and protein. Consistency matters more than perfect food choices early on.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 10:32 pm
by Brody778
My beginner diet was all over the place. Sometimes 3 meals, sometimes 6. What fixed it was tracking calories for a bit.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2025 2:12 pm
by William Wilson
Agree with above. Track for 1–2 months so you learn what 200g protein or 3,000 cals actually looks like.

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2025 2:45 pm
by John Martinez
I went the “see food” route ate everything in sight. Gained size fast, but also a fat gut. Don’t do that.