Page 1 of 1

New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 12:25 am
by PRVictor8
First week back hitting’ the gym heavy and I’m already smoked. Feel like I’m tryna PR every session like an idiot 😂. For the vets in here what rookie moves should I chill on before I gas myself out or get hurt? Trying to play the long game, not burn out in a month.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 4:10 am
by John Martinez
Biggest rookie mistake? No rest days. Everyone wants to go 7/7 the first month. You grow when you recover, not when you lift. Take 1–2 days off, eat, sleep and let your body catch up.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 9:26 am
by Riff!77
Stop maxing out every workout, bro. Nobody cares what you bench on week two😂. Learn the form, then stack plates later.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 2:36 pm
by BoltXc4
Facts. I burned out fast my first year tryna “go beast mode” daily. Now I hit 4 days hard, 3 days chill (stretch, walk, mobility). Progress came way faster once I stopped overdoing it.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 2:40 pm
by PRVictor8
Yeah, I’m def feeling that. DOMS every damn day and I can barely move 😂. I might dial it back a bit and just focus on learning form for now.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 4:07 pm
by Barry-65
Good move, bro. Also stop program-hopping. Every beginner switches workouts every week thinking they’re “not doing enough.” Stick to one solid plan for a few months and actually build some baseline strength.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 4:19 pm
by Brox88
And don’t skip legs. Everybody says it but it’s real. You’ll regret it when you look like a Dorito.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 4:39 pm
by PRVictor8
😂 yeah leg day humbled me quickly. I can’t even sit down normally right now. Guess I learned that lesson early.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 5:28 pm
by MarkB%223
Another underrated rookie L not eating enough. You can’t grow on vibes and pre-workout. Track your food, get enough protein, and chill on the energy drinks. Your body’s trying to adapt; give it fuel.
Also don’t compare yourself to dudes who’ve been lifting 10 years. Everyone starts small.

Re: New to the Iron Game – What Dumb Stuff Should I Avoid Early On?

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2025 6:35 pm
by PRVictor8
Solid advice all around. Gonna slow it down, focus on form, sleep, and food. I appreciate the real talk bros I’d rather build slow than flame out quickly.