Page 1 of 1

Heavy vs Moderate Weight What’s Working Best for You Right Now

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 7:22 am
by Maelynn!!23
I’ve been switching between heavy 5–8 reps and moderate 10–12 reps lately Noticing better pumps with moderate weight but still want to get stronger What’s working best for you guys this year

Re: Heavy vs Moderate Weight What’s Working Best for You Right Now

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 8:03 am
by Samuel#56%
Lately I’ve been doing more moderate weight 10–12 reps just focusing on clean form and longer time under tension I feel way better pumps and less joint pain Strength is holding up too

Re: Heavy vs Moderate Weight What’s Working Best for You Right Now

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 8:25 am
by Benjamin#43#
Heavy sets are fun, but my elbows and lower back started hating me Switched to moderate weight more controlled reps and I’m actually growing again Sometimes less ego more gains

Re: Heavy vs Moderate Weight What’s Working Best for You Right Now

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 8:40 am
by Karter€$£
I mix it up First exercise of the day I’ll go heavy like 5–6 reps then everything after is in the 10–12 range Feels like I get the best of both worlds strength and size

Re: Heavy vs Moderate Weight What’s Working Best for You Right Now

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 8:55 am
by Brain369#
Been running 8–12 reps for a few months now and it’s working great I don’t max out as often anymore just push close to failure Pumps are insane and recovery’s better

Re: Heavy vs Moderate Weight What’s Working Best for You Right Now

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 9:13 am
by Raymond zvc
I used to chase heavy singles and triples but it just beat me up Now I’m doing more volume with moderate weights short rest and I’m actually seeing more definition

Re: Heavy vs Moderate Weight What’s Working Best for You Right Now

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 9:30 am
by Larry0^0
Honestly depends on the muscle group for me Legs respond better to heavier stuff but arms and chest blow up with moderate weights and slow negatives