Page 1 of 2

Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2025 6:06 pm
by Kerry2Pn
I see people training 6–7 days a week and I’m wondering if that’s overkill or if it really works. How many days per week do you train and what’s worked best for progress?

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2025 6:18 pm
by StoneMC23
I train 5–6 days, but with smart split—push/pull/legs rotation. Recovery is key.

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2025 6:56 pm
by MarkB%223
6 days works if intensity is managed. High volume every day = burnout.

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2025 7:46 pm
by WScott06
I do 4–5 days max. More than that my joints feel wrecked.

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2025 12:35 am
by Robert Davis
My growth skyrocketed when I added a 6th day, but each day is lighter and accessory-focused.

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2025 2:25 am
by Kerry2Pn
So 6 days isn’t too much if you manage load and volume?

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2025 2:47 am
by Riff!77
Yep. I alternate heavy and light days, plus accessories. Keeps frequency high without overtraining.

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2025 10:34 am
by Barry-65
Listen to your body. If soreness never goes away or lifts drop, back off a day.

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2025 2:12 pm
by Diesel$59
Some people thrive on 7 days, but I’m not one of them. My strength dipped with that much frequency.

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2025 3:22 pm
by Brody778
Frequency helps, but intensity and recovery rule. You can’t just grind 6 days at max effort.