Page 1 of 2

Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 5:46 pm
by JohnHr5
Lately I’m seeing more people bringing back dextrose, carb powders, even gummy bears during their workouts. Anyone actually noticing better pumps, stamina or strength from it? Or is it just extra sugar with no real benefit? Curious what’s been working for you all.

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 6:18 pm
by Robert Davis
I’ve been using 20g dextrose on leg day and dude… the pump feels illegal. I don’t fade out as fast on high-rep sets.

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 7:24 pm
by BoltXc4
Cyclic dextrin is the cleanest carb source I’ve tried. Zero bloat, zero crash. Just pricey as hell.

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 7:39 pm
by Riff!77
Honestly, unless you’re training 75+ minutes, it’s kinda overkill. Short sessions won’t see much difference.

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 8:28 pm
by JohnHr5
Yeah my sessions run like 80–90 mins on heavy days, so maybe that’s why I keep hearing people swear by it. Just don’t wanna be drinking sugar water for nothing lol.

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 8:31 pm
by Barry-65
It definitely helps with volume. When I hit back or legs, intra carbs keep my later sets from turning into jelly reps.

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 9:42 pm
by Diesel$59
Bro I just eat gummy bears mid-lift. Simple carbs, fast hit, tastes good. Judge me all you want 😂

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2025 11:14 pm
by Brody778
Dextrose + electrolytes is the combo. Hydration + carbs keeps performance steady. Just don’t go overboard or you’ll feel sloshy.

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2025 12:20 am
by JohnHr5
Thinking I’ll start with like 20–25g and see if I notice a difference. Don’t wanna be that dude dry heaving mid-set from too much sugar 😂

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2025 12:38 am
by NickLDX4
Endurance athletes have been doing this forever. Lifters are just realizing it actually works for long, intense sessions.