Page 1 of 1
New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2025 5:55 pm
by JohnHr5
I’ve been logging my workouts and food for about a week nothing fancy, just notes in my phone but it actually keeps me way more dialed in.
Curious if anyone else still tracks stuff from the start, or is everyone just relying on apps and vibes these days?
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2025 6:10 pm
by William Wilson
Tracking is the biggest “cheat code” for beginners. Most people think they’re eating enough or lifting heavier, but without notes they’re just guessing.
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2025 9:15 pm
by BoltXc4
I don’t do a full log anymore, but when I first started I tracked EVERYTHING. Looking back at old numbers is honestly motivating as hell.
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2025 12:07 am
by Diesel$59
Apps are cool but I still prefer typing sets/reps in my phone. Faster, less distracting, and I don’t end up scrolling on Instagram mid-workout lol.
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2025 12:26 am
by JohnHr5
Good to know I’m not the only one. Felt kinda nerdy at first writing everything down, but it legit keeps me focused. Didn’t realize how inconsistent I was until I started tracking.
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2025 12:41 am
by Robert Davis
If you’re serious about progression, tracking is non-negotiable. Strength doesn’t magically go up you need to see what you did last week to beat it.
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2025 1:24 am
by Larry4K
I coach a few beginners and the ones who track make progress twice as fast. They eat better, train harder and actually stick to a routine.
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2025 1:32 am
by KeelllyP85
I used to log every set for two years straight. Stopped for a bit and instantly started spinning my wheels. Went right back to tracking.
Re: New Lifters Still Tracking Their Workouts, or Is It Old-School Now?
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2025 1:53 am
by ChrissHL3
Even a simple notes app works. You don’t need a fancy fitness tracker. Just write what you lifted and how it felt. Consistency beats perfection.