Page 1 of 1
Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 12:49 am
by William Wilson
I eat clean most of the week and then allow one cheat meal. Some weeks it keeps me sane, other times I feel bloated and regret it. Curious if cheat meals actually help long-term progress or just slow things down.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 1:09 am
by KeelllyP85
Cheat meals help me mentally, but I keep it to one meal, not a whole day. Big difference between pizza dinner and a weekend binge.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 1:31 am
by AndyShaw5
I stopped calling them cheats and started calling them planned refeeds. When it’s planned, I don’t spiral afterward.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 2:31 am
by ChrissHL3
If I’m deep in a cut, cheat meals mess with my hunger big time. I’d rather just fit treats into macros.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 2:38 am
by William Wilson
Yeah that’s kinda my issue sometimes it resets me, other times it makes the next few days harder.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 3:13 am
by NEllish68
I think it depends on the person. Some people need the mental break, others do better with consistency.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 3:36 am
by JosephW
For me, cheat meals work best after a hard leg day. Feels earned and doesn’t wreck my head.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 4:06 am
by Randym76
Once I cleaned up sleep and stress, I didn’t crave cheat meals as much. Funny how that works.
Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2026 4:54 am
by Larry4K
Cheat meals aren’t dumb, but they’re not magic either. If they help you stay consistent long-term, they’re doing their job.