Page 1 of 1

Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 5:57 pm
by David Thompson
I’ve read about programmed deloads, but I never feel like taking a week off. Do you actually schedule deloads or just take them when your body forces you?

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 6:21 pm
by Riff!77
I don’t schedule them. I deload when my joints start barking and workouts feel flat.

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 6:46 pm
by Brik#Ass
I used to skip deloads and just push through. Strength stalled way faster back then.

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 6:52 pm
by David Thompson
That’s kinda where I’m at. Mentally I hate backing off, but my elbows say otherwise.

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 7:06 pm
by James Johnson
I plan a light week every 6–8 weeks now. Not a full week off, just less volume. Helps a lot.

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 7:19 pm
by WScott06
Auto-regulation works better for me than strict schedules. If reps slow down, it’s deload time.

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 7:30 pm
by David Thompson
Makes sense. Feels like ignoring fatigue just turns into forced time off later.

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 8:20 pm
by GeorgePRY
Deloads feel boring, but I usually come back stronger the next week.

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2026 8:33 pm
by John Martinez
Most people don’t need a full deload—just backing off intensity for a few sessions does the trick.