Page 1 of 2
Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 5:40 pm
by Randym76
Real talk, some days I just don’t feel like hitting the gym. What helped you stay consistent early on and keep showing up even when you’re not feeling it?
Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 6:00 pm
by Brox88
Discipline over motivation bro. You’re not always gonna feel it, just gotta show up anyway.
Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 6:38 pm
by Diesel$59
I just tell myself I’ll do 20 mins… once I’m there I end up finishing the whole workout.
Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 7:10 pm
by Dannyll0
Having a set routine helped me a lot. Same time every day so it just became habit.
Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 7:39 pm
by Randym76
Yeah I feel that… I think I rely too much on motivation right now

Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 8:16 pm
by KeelllyP85
Motivation comes and goes, habits stay. Treat it like brushing your teeth.
Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 9:07 pm
by GeorgePRY
Also having a goal helps big time. Like cutting, bulking, or even just strength targets.
Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 9:56 pm
by Riff!77
Low energy days I just go lighter or shorter. Still counts, keeps the streak alive.
Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 10:09 pm
by David Thompson
Music + pre-workout combo gets me in the zone quick, not gonna lie

Re: Staying Consistent When You Don’t Feel Like Training - What Keeps You Going?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2026 10:27 pm
by Larry4K
Find a gym buddy if you can. Makes a huge difference when someone’s expecting you there.