Page 1 of 1

Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 3:30 pm
by AndyShaw5
I’m in a cut and trying to lean out, but I don’t wanna lose size in the process. What diet tricks helped you lower calories but still keep strength in the gym?

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 4:20 pm
by WScott06
High protein bro, that’s the biggest thing. Helps keep muscle while you’re in a deficit.

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 4:30 pm
by BoltXc4
Don’t drop calories too fast. Slow cut works way better for keeping strength.

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 5:13 pm
by NEllish68
I keep my heavy lifts in no matter what. Even if volume drops, I still push for strength on compounds.

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 5:38 pm
by AndyShaw5
Yeah I think I might’ve cut calories a bit too aggressive 😅

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 7:24 pm
by JosephW
That’s probably it. Also keep carbs around your workout window, like pre and post. Helps performance a lot even in a deficit.

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 7:46 pm
by William Wilson
Lowkey sleep matters a ton too. When I cut and sleep sucks, strength drops way faster.

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 8:50 pm
by JohnHr5
I add more steps/cardio instead of slashing food too much. Easier to keep strength that way.

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 9:27 pm
by Barry-65
Same here, small deficit + high protein + keep lifting heavy = best combo for me.

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 10:43 pm
by AndyShaw5
Got it… so slow it down, keep protein high, and don’t drop carbs too hard. Appreciate it guys 👍