Page 1 of 2

How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 4:49 am
by mitim
Image

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 5:01 am
by cehayi
I started by calculating my calories first, then split them into protein, carbs, and fats. That made it much easier.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 5:02 am
by tapiye
Honestly, I just used an online macro calculator as a starting point and adjusted after a couple of weeks.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 5:05 am
by reyan treh
Aim for enough protein first. Once I hit my protein target, I fill the rest with carbs and healthy fats.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 5:06 am
by petor
Your macros depend on your goal. Fat loss, muscle gain, and maintenance all need different ratios.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:30 am
by rifem nirah
I track everything with an app. It takes a little time at first, but it becomes second nature.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:31 am
by firat
My trainer set my macros based on my activity level, and they've worked really well so far.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:32 am
by ninaco
Calories matter most, but macros definitely help if you're trying to improve body composition.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:33 am
by javona
I made the mistake of eating too little fat. Don't ignore healthy fats when planning your meals.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:34 am
by filit
My biggest improvement came from weighing my food instead of guessing portions.