Page 1 of 1

How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:36 pm
by reyan treh
Image

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:38 pm
by petor
I think the first step is looking at how much your overall activity has actually changed rather than changing macros immediately

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:40 pm
by kidev
If I become more active I usually look at total calories first and then adjust carbs and fats based on what feels practical

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:40 pm
by titem
Training days may need more carbohydrates while less active days can sometimes require slightly less food overall

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:42 pm
by jiyap
A consistent change in activity over several weeks is more meaningful than a temporary increase

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:54 pm
by mejihe
I think training performance is a useful indicator when deciding whether the current macros are still appropriate

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:13 pm
by kidev
If energy levels are consistently low after increasing activity I would consider whether calorie intake needs to increase

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:16 pm
by sigigya
Carbohydrates can be useful to adjust when training volume increases because they contribute to available energy for exercise

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:17 pm
by petor
Step count can make a bigger difference than people realize if it changes significantly from week to week