Page 1 of 1

How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:16 pm
by firat
How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:18 pm
by rifem nirah
I usually look at the trend for a few weeks before changing anything because daily changes can be misleading

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:18 pm
by mitim
If my weight has stayed around the same level for several weeks and my goal is not maintenance I would consider adjusting the macros

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:19 pm
by cehayi
I would not change them just because of one bad week I would first check whether my tracking has been consistent

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:21 pm
by sigigya
Changes in training volume can be a good reason to review your macro targets especially if activity has increased a lot

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:22 pm
by kagid
I normally check my progress photos measurements and gym performance along with my weight before making changes

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:22 pm
by titem
If I am constantly hungry or lacking energy I would look at my overall calorie and macro setup rather than automatically cutting calories

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:26 pm
by jiyap
I think people change macros too often and never give their current targets enough time to work

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:29 pm
by raroxe
I also consider whether my daily activity has changed because that can affect how much food I actually need

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:30 pm
by xidh
When my goal changes from gaining to maintaining I would definitely recalculate my targets