Page 1 of 2
Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2025 5:51 pm
by James Johnson
I’ve been seeing lifters talk about collagen for joints, skin, even recovery. Anyone here actually notice a difference from adding it in?
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2025 6:10 pm
by CoreyGm0
Collagen helped my knees after about 2 months. Squats feel less grindy now.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2025 6:34 pm
by Brody778
I started for elbow pain from benching. It didn’t kick in right away, but after sticking with it, I noticed way less discomfort.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2025 7:23 pm
by Diesel$59
For me it’s not about strength, it’s about staying healthy long term. Joints are what keep us in the game collagen feels like cheap insurance.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2025 8:20 pm
by James Johnson
Good point, I was hoping for faster results. Sounds like it’s more of a slow payoff.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2025 6:14 pm
by Larry4K
Skin and hair improved, which was a bonus. The surprise was less pain in my shoulders on OHP.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2025 6:36 pm
by Riff!77
If you’re under 25, you probably won’t notice much. Over 30? Yeah, you’ll be glad you took it.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2025 7:01 pm
by Brik#Ass
I toss it into my shakes. It doesn’t taste much, so it is easy to stay consistent.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2025 8:32 pm
by Robert Davis
We didn’t have this back in my day. We just lived with pain. I wish I had collagen then.
Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2025 9:19 pm
by Brox88
Wrists felt smoother after curls once I started. Small stuff, but it adds up.