Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

🍽️ Share and discover meal plans for bulking, cutting, and performance.

Image
Post Reply
William Wilson
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:08 pm

Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by William Wilson »

I eat clean most of the week and then allow one cheat meal. Some weeks it keeps me sane, other times I feel bloated and regret it. Curious if cheat meals actually help long-term progress or just slow things down.
KeelllyP85
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:38 pm

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by KeelllyP85 »

Cheat meals help me mentally, but I keep it to one meal, not a whole day. Big difference between pizza dinner and a weekend binge.
AndyShaw5
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by AndyShaw5 »

I stopped calling them cheats and started calling them planned refeeds. When it’s planned, I don’t spiral afterward.
ChrissHL3
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:47 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by ChrissHL3 »

If I’m deep in a cut, cheat meals mess with my hunger big time. I’d rather just fit treats into macros.
William Wilson
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:08 pm

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by William Wilson »

Yeah that’s kinda my issue sometimes it resets me, other times it makes the next few days harder.
NEllish68
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:48 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by NEllish68 »

I think it depends on the person. Some people need the mental break, others do better with consistency.
JosephW
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2025 11:26 am

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by JosephW »

For me, cheat meals work best after a hard leg day. Feels earned and doesn’t wreck my head.
Randym76
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:13 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by Randym76 »

Once I cleaned up sleep and stress, I didn’t crave cheat meals as much. Funny how that works.
Larry4K
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cheat Meals Helpful Reset or Progress Killer?

Post by Larry4K »

Cheat meals aren’t dumb, but they’re not magic either. If they help you stay consistent long-term, they’re doing their job.
Post Reply