Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Share and learn effective workout techniques and tips.
Train smarter, not harder! 🏋️‍♂️
Image
Post Reply
David Thompson
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:05 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by David Thompson »

I’ve read about programmed deloads, but I never feel like taking a week off. Do you actually schedule deloads or just take them when your body forces you?
Riff!77
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:38 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by Riff!77 »

I don’t schedule them. I deload when my joints start barking and workouts feel flat.
Brik#Ass
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by Brik#Ass »

I used to skip deloads and just push through. Strength stalled way faster back then.
David Thompson
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:05 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by David Thompson »

That’s kinda where I’m at. Mentally I hate backing off, but my elbows say otherwise.
James Johnson
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:00 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by James Johnson »

I plan a light week every 6–8 weeks now. Not a full week off, just less volume. Helps a lot.
WScott06
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:39 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by WScott06 »

Auto-regulation works better for me than strict schedules. If reps slow down, it’s deload time.
David Thompson
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:05 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by David Thompson »

Makes sense. Feels like ignoring fatigue just turns into forced time off later.
GeorgePRY
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:50 pm

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by GeorgePRY »

Deloads feel boring, but I usually come back stronger the next week.
John Martinez
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm

Re: Deload Weeks – Do You Actually Take Them?

Post by John Martinez »

Most people don’t need a full deload—just backing off intensity for a few sessions does the trick.
Post Reply