First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Just signed up for the gym. Thinking I should start with the basics squats, bench, pull-ups but not sure if I’m overthinking it. How did you guys start?
Re: First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Basics are the way to go, man. I wasted my first year hopping around different machines. Once I focused on squats, bench, deadlift, and rows, the gains showed.
Re: First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Yep, start with compounds. They hit multiple muscles and build a strong base for everything else you’ll do later
Re: First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Focus on good form before adding weight. Speaking from experience—throwing too much on the bar too soon had me nursing a bad back in my second month.
Re: First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Warm-ups matter more than you think. Even 5 minutes of mobility work before lifting can save your joints down the road.
Re: First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Track your lifts every week. It’s motivating when you look back and see how far you’ve come.
Re: First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Don’t worry about advanced stuff yet. You’ll get there once the basics are second nature.
Re: First Steps in the Gym – Where to Begin
Alright, basics and good form it is. Gonna starts tracking from day one. I appreciate the input.
