HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
I remember HMB being hyped years ago. Anyone still using it in 2026 and does it actually work for muscle retention?
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
Tried it in the 90s. Thought it was snake oil back then.
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
It’s back now, but honestly? Benefits are mild at best.
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
I used it while cutting, and I think it helped me keep muscle. Could just be placebo though.
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
Yeah, I remember the hype. Was wondering if it’s worth revisiting or just history repeating.
-
John Martinez
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
Studies say it helps beginners more than advanced lifters. Not a big deal if you already train hard.
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
Needs high doses to really work, which makes it pricey. Not worth it in my book.
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
I’d rather spend my money on creatine or protein. More bang for buck.
Re: HMB – Old School Supplement Making a Comeback?
Only time it worked for me was during a calorie deficit. Helped me hold strength a little better.
