Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

💊 Talk about pre-workouts, protein powders, creatine, and more.

Image
James Johnson
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:00 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by James Johnson »

I’ve been seeing lifters talk about collagen for joints, skin, even recovery. Anyone here actually notice a difference from adding it in?
CoreyGm0
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:58 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by CoreyGm0 »

Collagen helped my knees after about 2 months. Squats feel less grindy now.
Brody778
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by Brody778 »

I started for elbow pain from benching. It didn’t kick in right away, but after sticking with it, I noticed way less discomfort.
Diesel$59
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:49 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by Diesel$59 »

For me it’s not about strength, it’s about staying healthy long term. Joints are what keep us in the game collagen feels like cheap insurance.
James Johnson
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:00 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by James Johnson »

Good point, I was hoping for faster results. Sounds like it’s more of a slow payoff.
Larry4K
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by Larry4K »

Skin and hair improved, which was a bonus. The surprise was less pain in my shoulders on OHP.
Riff!77
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:38 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by Riff!77 »

If you’re under 25, you probably won’t notice much. Over 30? Yeah, you’ll be glad you took it.
Brik#Ass
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by Brik#Ass »

I toss it into my shakes. It doesn’t taste much, so it is easy to stay consistent.
Robert Davis
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:10 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by Robert Davis »

We didn’t have this back in my day. We just lived with pain. I wish I had collagen then.
Brox88
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:44 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Collagen for Lifters – Worth It?

Post by Brox88 »

Wrists felt smoother after curls once I started. Small stuff, but it adds up.
Post Reply