Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
-
Robert Davis
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:10 pm
- Been thanked: 3 times
Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Every time I look online, I see wild split routines and complicated programs. Thinking of keeping it simple with just the main lifts and building from there. Any other beginners taking the same approach?
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Basics never fail, bro. Squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press that’s your bread and butter.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
I wasted months trying influence-style routines. As soon as I focused on compounds, strength shot up.
-
Robert Davis
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:10 pm
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Yeah, same reason I’m leaning simple. Don’t wanna drown in fluff workouts.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Run something like 5x5. It’s boring, but it builds a crazy base.
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Compounds are 80% of your progress. Accessories can come later.
-
Robert Davis
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:10 pm
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
So focus on getting strong at the big lifts first, then worry about detail work?
-
John Martinez
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
And don’t forget progressive overload. Add weight or reps each week. That’s how you grow.
-
David Thompson
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:05 pm
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Starting Out – Stick to the Basics?
Keep it simple, stay consistent and the gains will come. Basics built every legend.
