Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

🍽️ Share and discover meal plans for bulking, cutting, and performance.

Image
Post Reply
AndyShaw5
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by AndyShaw5 »

I’m in a cut and trying to lean out, but I don’t wanna lose size in the process. What diet tricks helped you lower calories but still keep strength in the gym?
WScott06
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:39 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by WScott06 »

High protein bro, that’s the biggest thing. Helps keep muscle while you’re in a deficit.
BoltXc4
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:41 pm

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by BoltXc4 »

Don’t drop calories too fast. Slow cut works way better for keeping strength.
NEllish68
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:48 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by NEllish68 »

I keep my heavy lifts in no matter what. Even if volume drops, I still push for strength on compounds.
AndyShaw5
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by AndyShaw5 »

Yeah I think I might’ve cut calories a bit too aggressive 😅
JosephW
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2025 11:26 am

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by JosephW »

That’s probably it. Also keep carbs around your workout window, like pre and post. Helps performance a lot even in a deficit.
William Wilson
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:08 pm

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by William Wilson »

Lowkey sleep matters a ton too. When I cut and sleep sucks, strength drops way faster.
JohnHr5
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:08 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by JohnHr5 »

I add more steps/cardio instead of slashing food too much. Easier to keep strength that way.
Barry-65
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:47 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by Barry-65 »

Same here, small deficit + high protein + keep lifting heavy = best combo for me.
AndyShaw5
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cutting Calories Without Cutting Strength

Post by AndyShaw5 »

Got it… so slow it down, keep protein high, and don’t drop carbs too hard. Appreciate it guys 👍
Post Reply