New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Share and explore beginner-friendly routines, diet tips, and healthy habits to build a strong foundation.
Confused about how to begin working out or eating right?

Image
MarkB%223
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:59 pm

New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by MarkB%223 »

: Just started hitting the weights and I’m kind of lost when it comes to food. Right now, I’m just making sure I get protein in, but no real plan. When you first started, what did your diet look like?
David Thompson
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:05 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by David Thompson »

Bro, when I first started, I was smashing chicken, rice and broccoli 3x a day because that’s what YouTube told me. Looking back, it was boring as hell.
BoltXc4
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:41 pm

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by BoltXc4 »

Honestly just hitting protein is already better than 90% of new guys. Add some carbs around training and you’ll feel way stronger.
Brik#Ass
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by Brik#Ass »

I lived on peanut butter sandwiches and milk when I started. Not perfect but it fueled growth.
MarkB%223
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:59 pm

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by MarkB%223 »

Lol, yeah I feel like I’m overthinking it. Just need basics to get moving.
Barry-65
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:47 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by Barry-65 »

Basics = protein every meal, veggies for health, carbs for energy, fats for hormones. Nail those and you’re golden.
CoreyGm0
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:58 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by CoreyGm0 »

Don’t stress about clean vs dirty. Just hit calories and protein. Consistency matters more than perfect food choices early on.
Brody778
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by Brody778 »

My beginner diet was all over the place. Sometimes 3 meals, sometimes 6. What fixed it was tracking calories for a bit.
William Wilson
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:08 pm

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by William Wilson »

Agree with above. Track for 1–2 months so you learn what 200g protein or 3,000 cals actually looks like.
John Martinez
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm

Re: New to Lifting – Am I Eating the Right Way?

Post by John Martinez »

I went the “see food” route ate everything in sight. Gained size fast, but also a fat gut. Don’t do that.
Post Reply