
How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
I usually look for actual human studies rather than relying on marketing claims
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
A supplement having research behind it does not automatically mean the research is strong
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
I check whether the studies were done in humans and whether the results were consistent
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
Meta analyses and systematic reviews are usually a good place to start
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
The dosage matters because evidence for one dose does not always apply to another
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
I usually check if multiple studies reached similar conclusions
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
Good evidence should come from controlled studies with reasonable sample sizes
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
I look beyond testimonials because personal experiences are not strong scientific evidence
Re: How Can You Tell If a Supplement Is Backed by Good Evidence?
PubMed is useful for finding the actual research behind a supplement
