
How Can Ingredient Substitutions Change the Nutritional Value of a Recipe?
Re: How Can Ingredient Substitutions Change the Nutritional Value of a Recipe?
Substituting one ingredient can change calories protein carbs or fat quite a bit depending on what you replace it with
Re: How Can Ingredient Substitutions Change the Nutritional Value of a Recipe?
Protein would usually stay fairly consistent while carbs and fats can be adjusted around the change in activity
Re: How Can Ingredient Substitutions Change the Nutritional Value of a Recipe?
If someone starts doing more cardio their energy requirements may increase even if their strength training stays the same
Re: How Can Ingredient Substitutions Change the Nutritional Value of a Recipe?
Someone who becomes less active may need fewer total calories but I would make the adjustment gradually
Re: How Can Ingredient Substitutions Change the Nutritional Value of a Recipe?
I prefer using weekly trends instead of trying to calculate a completely different macro target every single day
Re: How Can Ingredient Substitutions Change the Nutritional Value of a Recipe?
I think protein should remain adequate regardless of whether the person is more or less active
