
How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
-
reyan treh
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:08 pm
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
I think the first step is looking at how much your overall activity has actually changed rather than changing macros immediately
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
If I become more active I usually look at total calories first and then adjust carbs and fats based on what feels practical
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
Training days may need more carbohydrates while less active days can sometimes require slightly less food overall
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
A consistent change in activity over several weeks is more meaningful than a temporary increase
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
I think training performance is a useful indicator when deciding whether the current macros are still appropriate
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
If energy levels are consistently low after increasing activity I would consider whether calorie intake needs to increase
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
Carbohydrates can be useful to adjust when training volume increases because they contribute to available energy for exercise
Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Activity Level Changes?
Step count can make a bigger difference than people realize if it changes significantly from week to week