How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Tools, tips, and experiences on tracking calories and macros.
Post Reply
firat
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:20 am

How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by firat »

How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?
rifem nirah
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:17 am

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by rifem nirah »

I usually look at the trend for a few weeks before changing anything because daily changes can be misleading
mitim
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:13 am

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by mitim »

If my weight has stayed around the same level for several weeks and my goal is not maintenance I would consider adjusting the macros
cehayi
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:11 am

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by cehayi »

I would not change them just because of one bad week I would first check whether my tracking has been consistent
sigigya
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 6:47 pm

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by sigigya »

Changes in training volume can be a good reason to review your macro targets especially if activity has increased a lot
kagid
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:45 pm

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by kagid »

I normally check my progress photos measurements and gym performance along with my weight before making changes
titem
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:40 pm

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by titem »

If I am constantly hungry or lacking energy I would look at my overall calorie and macro setup rather than automatically cutting calories
jiyap
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by jiyap »

I think people change macros too often and never give their current targets enough time to work
raroxe
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:41 pm

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by raroxe »

I also consider whether my daily activity has changed because that can affect how much food I actually need
xidh
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:40 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Know When It Is Time to Change Your Macro Targets?

Post by xidh »

When my goal changes from gaining to maintaining I would definitely recalculate my targets
Post Reply