How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
Starting out can be confusing. Many of us want fast results, but building muscle takes time. What’s the best way to set goals that keep you motivated without burning out too soon
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
Keep it simple bro Focus on showing up and learning form first Don’t worry about numbers right away consistency is the real goal in the beginning
-
carlajjjrr
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2025 4:56 am
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
Yep agree I started by setting tiny goals like train 3 days this week Once that became a habit I added stuff like increase squat by 10 lbs Little wins keep you motivated
-
Stephine45
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2025 5:00 am
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
Makes sense I have been trying to train 4 days a week but get frustrated when I don’t see results fast Maybe I should focus more on habits like you said
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
Exactly If you nail the basics food sleep training the results come Don’t chase the mirror chase progress in the gym.
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
I tell my clients to think in 3-month goals not weekly Like gain 3 lbs of lean muscle or improve form on all main lifts That timeline keeps things realistic.
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
Also track your lifts Seeing your strength go up is super motivating even if the scale doesn’t move.
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
True My goal was just to feel stronger and have more energy Didn’t stress numbers Six months later I looked and felt way better.
Re: How Do You Set Realistic Fitness Goals as a Beginner?
Appreciate all the advice guys I’ll start setting small trackable goals and see how it goes Trying to play the long game this time
