Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Share and learn effective workout techniques and tips.
Train smarter, not harder! 🏋️‍♂️
Image
Kerry2Pn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:10 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by Kerry2Pn »

I see people training 6–7 days a week and I’m wondering if that’s overkill or if it really works. How many days per week do you train and what’s worked best for progress?
StoneMC23
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by StoneMC23 »

I train 5–6 days, but with smart split—push/pull/legs rotation. Recovery is key.
MarkB%223
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:59 pm

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by MarkB%223 »

6 days works if intensity is managed. High volume every day = burnout.
WScott06
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:39 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by WScott06 »

I do 4–5 days max. More than that my joints feel wrecked.
Robert Davis
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:10 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by Robert Davis »

My growth skyrocketed when I added a 6th day, but each day is lighter and accessory-focused.
Kerry2Pn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:10 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by Kerry2Pn »

So 6 days isn’t too much if you manage load and volume?
Riff!77
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:38 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by Riff!77 »

Yep. I alternate heavy and light days, plus accessories. Keeps frequency high without overtraining.
Barry-65
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:47 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by Barry-65 »

Listen to your body. If soreness never goes away or lifts drop, back off a day.
Diesel$59
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:49 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by Diesel$59 »

Some people thrive on 7 days, but I’m not one of them. My strength dipped with that much frequency.
Brody778
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Training Frequency – Is 6 Days Too Much?

Post by Brody778 »

Frequency helps, but intensity and recovery rule. You can’t just grind 6 days at max effort.
Post Reply