Page 1 of 1

How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:25 am
by raroxe
How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:26 am
by xidh
I usually start with protein first then set fats and let carbs fill the remaining calories

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:27 am
by mejihe
I keep protein fairly high and make sure I am eating enough total calories before worrying too much about the exact carb and fat split

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:28 am
by filit
I prefer getting protein from normal meals and then adjusting carbs and fats depending on how much energy I need for training

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:28 am
by ninaco
Carbs make a noticeable difference in my workouts so I usually keep them fairly high during a muscle building phase

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:29 am
by firat
I think calorie intake matters alongside the macros because hitting perfect macros does not help much if total calories are too low

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:30 am
by rifem nirah
Fats are something I do not like pushing too low so I set a reasonable minimum and use carbs for most of the remaining calories

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:30 am
by mitim
I used to focus heavily on protein but eventually realized that enough overall calories and carbs were also important for my training

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:38 am
by tapiye
I do not think everyone needs the exact same protein carb and fat ratio because training and food preferences are different