How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Tools, tips, and experiences on tracking calories and macros.
Post Reply
raroxe
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:41 pm

How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by raroxe »

How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
xidh
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:40 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by xidh »

I usually start with protein first then set fats and let carbs fill the remaining calories
mejihe
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:24 pm

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by mejihe »

I keep protein fairly high and make sure I am eating enough total calories before worrying too much about the exact carb and fat split
filit
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:11 am

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by filit »

I prefer getting protein from normal meals and then adjusting carbs and fats depending on how much energy I need for training
ninaco
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:01 am

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by ninaco »

Carbs make a noticeable difference in my workouts so I usually keep them fairly high during a muscle building phase
firat
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:20 am

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by firat »

I think calorie intake matters alongside the macros because hitting perfect macros does not help much if total calories are too low
rifem nirah
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:17 am

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by rifem nirah »

Fats are something I do not like pushing too low so I set a reasonable minimum and use carbs for most of the remaining calories
mitim
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:13 am

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by mitim »

I used to focus heavily on protein but eventually realized that enough overall calories and carbs were also important for my training
tapiye
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?

Post by tapiye »

I do not think everyone needs the exact same protein carb and fat ratio because training and food preferences are different
Post Reply