How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
I usually start with protein first then set fats and let carbs fill the remaining calories
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
I keep protein fairly high and make sure I am eating enough total calories before worrying too much about the exact carb and fat split
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
I prefer getting protein from normal meals and then adjusting carbs and fats depending on how much energy I need for training
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
Carbs make a noticeable difference in my workouts so I usually keep them fairly high during a muscle building phase
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
I think calorie intake matters alongside the macros because hitting perfect macros does not help much if total calories are too low
-
rifem nirah
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:17 am
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
Fats are something I do not like pushing too low so I set a reasonable minimum and use carbs for most of the remaining calories
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
I used to focus heavily on protein but eventually realized that enough overall calories and carbs were also important for my training
Re: How Do You Set Protein, Carbs, and Fat Targets for Muscle Growth?
I do not think everyone needs the exact same protein carb and fat ratio because training and food preferences are different