Page 1 of 2
Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 4:53 pm
by Randym76
I’ve been thinking about logging all my lifts but sometimes it feels like overkill. Do you track every set/rep, or just keep it in your head and go by feel?
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 5:03 pm
by PRVictor8
I log every set. Even small increases help me see progress over months.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 5:53 pm
by StoneMC23
I just track working sets. Warm-ups don’t really matter. Keeps things simple.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 6:06 pm
by KeelllyP85
Tracking helps mentally too. When you see weekly numbers go up, it motivates you big time.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 6:26 pm
by GeorgePRY
I used to log everything, now I only log compounds. Accessories I go by feel.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 7:07 pm
by Randym76
Interesting. So mostly main lifts, warm-ups optional, accessories optional?
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 7:26 pm
by MarkB%223
Yep. But during prep or cutting, I log everything to ensure I maintain strength.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 7:52 pm
by CoreyGm0
Tracking also stops you from “guestimating” weights. Easier to plan progression.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 8:20 pm
by Larry4K
Sometimes I just use a notebook and scribble notes like “felt heavy” or “speed good.” Not precise numbers every time.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2025 8:33 pm
by John Martinez
Apps make it super easy now. I track lifts on my phone and can check history anytime.