Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Share and learn effective workout techniques and tips.
Train smarter, not harder! 🏋️‍♂️
Image
Randym76
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:13 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by Randym76 »

I’ve been thinking about logging all my lifts but sometimes it feels like overkill. Do you track every set/rep, or just keep it in your head and go by feel?
PRVictor8
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:51 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by PRVictor8 »

I log every set. Even small increases help me see progress over months.
StoneMC23
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by StoneMC23 »

I just track working sets. Warm-ups don’t really matter. Keeps things simple.
KeelllyP85
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:38 pm

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by KeelllyP85 »

Tracking helps mentally too. When you see weekly numbers go up, it motivates you big time.
GeorgePRY
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:50 pm

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by GeorgePRY »

I used to log everything, now I only log compounds. Accessories I go by feel.
Randym76
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:13 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by Randym76 »

Interesting. So mostly main lifts, warm-ups optional, accessories optional?
MarkB%223
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:59 pm

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by MarkB%223 »

Yep. But during prep or cutting, I log everything to ensure I maintain strength.
CoreyGm0
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:58 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by CoreyGm0 »

Tracking also stops you from “guestimating” weights. Easier to plan progression.
Larry4K
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by Larry4K »

Sometimes I just use a notebook and scribble notes like “felt heavy” or “speed good.” Not precise numbers every time.
John Martinez
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm

Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?

Post by John Martinez »

Apps make it super easy now. I track lifts on my phone and can check history anytime.
Post Reply