Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Do You Track Every Single Rep?
I’ve been thinking about logging all my lifts but sometimes it feels like overkill. Do you track every set/rep, or just keep it in your head and go by feel?
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
I log every set. Even small increases help me see progress over months.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
I just track working sets. Warm-ups don’t really matter. Keeps things simple.
-
KeelllyP85
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:38 pm
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Tracking helps mentally too. When you see weekly numbers go up, it motivates you big time.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
I used to log everything, now I only log compounds. Accessories I go by feel.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Interesting. So mostly main lifts, warm-ups optional, accessories optional?
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Yep. But during prep or cutting, I log everything to ensure I maintain strength.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Tracking also stops you from “guestimating” weights. Easier to plan progression.
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Sometimes I just use a notebook and scribble notes like “felt heavy” or “speed good.” Not precise numbers every time.
-
John Martinez
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm
Re: Do You Track Every Single Rep?
Apps make it super easy now. I track lifts on my phone and can check history anytime.
