Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

đź’Š Talk about pre-workouts, protein powders, creatine, and more.

Image
Post Reply
StoneMC23
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by StoneMC23 »

Almost every pre-workout has citrulline malate in it now. I definitely feel the pump, but I’m curious if anyone actually notices better endurance, extra reps, or strength from it or is it mostly a cosmetic boost during training?
NickLDX4
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:43 pm

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by NickLDX4 »

For me it’s mostly pump, but a good pump helps me train harder, so I’ll take it. Don’t expect magic strength jumps though.
ChrissHL3
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:47 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by ChrissHL3 »

I notice more endurance than strength. High-rep sets feel smoother and I don’t gas out as fast, especially on leg days.
PRVictor8
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:51 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by PRVictor8 »

I ran it solo for a while instead of a full pre and definitely felt a difference in work capacity. Nothing crazy, but noticeable once you pay attention.
StoneMC23
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by StoneMC23 »

That’s kinda what I’m feeling too no huge strength boost, but sets feel cleaner and less grindy.
BoltXc4
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:41 pm

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by BoltXc4 »

I think it shines more when volume is high. If you’re doing low-rep power work, it’s probably not doing much.
Brody778
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by Brody778 »

Half the benefit might just be better blood flow and mind-muscle connection. Sounds bro-science, but it helps me stay locked into the muscle.
JosephW
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2025 11:26 am

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Post by JosephW »

It’s one of those supplements where you miss it when it’s gone. Not life-changing, but I keep it in my stack for consistency.
Post Reply