Page 1 of 1

Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 5:21 pm
by StoneMC23
Almost every pre-workout has citrulline malate in it now. I definitely feel the pump, but I’m curious if anyone actually notices better endurance, extra reps, or strength from it or is it mostly a cosmetic boost during training?

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 5:42 pm
by NickLDX4
For me it’s mostly pump, but a good pump helps me train harder, so I’ll take it. Don’t expect magic strength jumps though.

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 5:55 pm
by ChrissHL3
I notice more endurance than strength. High-rep sets feel smoother and I don’t gas out as fast, especially on leg days.

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 6:28 pm
by PRVictor8
I ran it solo for a while instead of a full pre and definitely felt a difference in work capacity. Nothing crazy, but noticeable once you pay attention.

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 6:53 pm
by StoneMC23
That’s kinda what I’m feeling too no huge strength boost, but sets feel cleaner and less grindy.

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 7:19 pm
by BoltXc4
I think it shines more when volume is high. If you’re doing low-rep power work, it’s probably not doing much.

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 7:53 pm
by Brody778
Half the benefit might just be better blood flow and mind-muscle connection. Sounds bro-science, but it helps me stay locked into the muscle.

Re: Citrulline Malate - Real Performance Boost or Just a Feel-Good Pump?

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 8:41 pm
by JosephW
It’s one of those supplements where you miss it when it’s gone. Not life-changing, but I keep it in my stack for consistency.