Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

🍽️ Share and discover meal plans for bulking, cutting, and performance.

Image
Post Reply
Larry4K
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by Larry4K »

I stay hydrated, but I keep seeing people add electrolytes to their water at the gym. Do they actually help with pumps and recovery or is regular water good enough? Curious what most of you are doing lately. 💧💪
Brik#Ass
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by Brik#Ass »

If you’re eating solid and salting your food, plain water is usually fine.
Kerry2Pn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:10 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by Kerry2Pn »

Electrolytes help more when you’re sweating hard. Summer workouts or long sessions? Big difference for me.
Randym76
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:13 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by Randym76 »

I add a little sea salt and some lemon to my water. Cheap DIY electrolyte mix and pumps feel better.
GeorgePRY
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:50 pm

Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by GeorgePRY »

Most people overthink it. Hydration matters way more than fancy powders.
William Wilson
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:08 pm

Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by William Wilson »

When I’m cutting and carbs are low, electrolytes help a ton. Less cramping and I don’t feel as flat.
Brox88
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:44 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by Brox88 »

I use an electrolyte mix intra-workout on leg days only. Upper body days I just drink water.
Larry4K
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?

Post by Larry4K »

Appreciate it guys. Sounds like plain water works for most, but electrolytes make sense for heavy sweat days or when cutting. I might try adding a little salt first before buying anything fancy. 💧💪
Post Reply