Page 1 of 1
Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 1:15 am
by Larry4K
I stay hydrated, but I keep seeing people add electrolytes to their water at the gym. Do they actually help with pumps and recovery or is regular water good enough? Curious what most of you are doing lately.


Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 2:20 am
by Brik#Ass
If you’re eating solid and salting your food, plain water is usually fine.
Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 2:47 am
by Kerry2Pn
Electrolytes help more when you’re sweating hard. Summer workouts or long sessions? Big difference for me.
Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 3:02 am
by Randym76
I add a little sea salt and some lemon to my water. Cheap DIY electrolyte mix and pumps feel better.
Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 3:44 am
by GeorgePRY
Most people overthink it. Hydration matters way more than fancy powders.
Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 4:48 pm
by William Wilson
When I’m cutting and carbs are low, electrolytes help a ton. Less cramping and I don’t feel as flat.
Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 5:13 pm
by Brox88
I use an electrolyte mix intra-workout on leg days only. Upper body days I just drink water.
Re: Is Plain Water Enough for Workouts?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 6:54 pm
by Larry4K
Appreciate it guys. Sounds like plain water works for most, but electrolytes make sense for heavy sweat days or when cutting. I might try adding a little salt first before buying anything fancy.

