Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Share and learn effective workout techniques and tips.
Train smarter, not harder! 🏋️‍♂️
Image
Post Reply
StoneMC23
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by StoneMC23 »

I want better conditioning without killing strength. How do you balance cardio and lifting?
John Martinez
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm

Re: Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by John Martinez »

Nah bro, cardio won’t kill your gains if you keep it moderate. I usually do 15–20 mins after lifting and it hasn’t hurt my strength.
Brody778
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by Brody778 »

I keep my cardio simple like incline walking. Helps with conditioning and recovery without draining me.
GablrlBG
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:46 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by GablrlBG »

Timing matters too. I lift first, then do cardio after. That way my strength training doesn’t suffer.
StoneMC23
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:36 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by StoneMC23 »

Good tips guys. I was worried too much cardio would affect my lifts, but doing it after workouts sounds like a good balance.
NEllish68
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:48 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by NEllish68 »

Yeah man just don’t go crazy with long runs every day. A little cardio actually helps endurance in the gym.
Larry4K
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by Larry4K »

I do cardio on rest days sometimes. Keeps me active but still lets my lifting sessions stay strong.
William Wilson
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:08 pm

Re: Mixing Cardio with Lifting – Does It Hurt Gains?

Post by William Wilson »

Honestly some cardio is good for overall health too. As long as you’re eating enough, your gains should be fine. 💪
Post Reply