Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Hit solid progress first 4 months, now lifts are barely moving. I’m tracking food and sleeping fine. Is this just normal or am I missing something?
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Bro that’s completely normal. The newbie gains phase is fast, then everything slows down. Now it’s more about consistency and small progress over time.
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
4 months in and already plateau? I’d look at your program first. A lot of beginners just wing it instead of following something structured.
-
KeelllyP85
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:38 pm
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Are you actually tracking food properly or just guessing? Big difference. Most people think they’re eating enough but they’re not.
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Happened to me too. First few months I was adding weight every session, then boom… stalled hard. Had to start focusing on progressive overload more seriously.
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Could also be recovery bro. Even if you think you’re sleeping fine, quality matters. Stress, screen time, all that stuff adds up.
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Try a deload week. Sounds counterintuitive but sometimes backing off for a few days helps you come back stronger.
-
John Martinez
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:12 pm
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Also check if you’ve been running the same rep ranges forever. Changing volume/intensity can kickstart progress again.
Re: Beginner Gains Plateaued Already?
Yeah makes sense… I might be overestimating my calories and my program is kinda random tbh. Probably need to tighten things up instead of just training hard every day.
