How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Easy and nutritious recipes from members around the world.

Image
Post Reply
xidh
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:40 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by xidh »

How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?
mejihe
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:24 pm

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by mejihe »

I weigh the entire cooked batch first and then divide it into equal portions
deceron
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:17 am

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by deceron »

A kitchen scale makes bulk meal prep much easier especially when the meals have different ingredients
petor
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 6:59 pm

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by petor »

I weigh the entire cooked batch first and then divide it into equal portions
reyan treh
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:08 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by reyan treh »

I used to eyeball portions but they were never really consistent from one meal to another
tapiye
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by tapiye »

Meal prep containers with separate sections help me keep the portions fairly consistent
cehayi
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:11 am

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by cehayi »

I calculate the total recipe first and then divide the calories and macros across the number of servings
ninaco
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:01 am

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by ninaco »

For foods like rice and pasta I find weighing the cooked amount more practical when preparing several meals
titem
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:40 pm

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by titem »

I try not to make every container perfectly identical because a small difference is not going to matter much
raroxe
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:41 pm

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by raroxe »

Measuring cups can work but I prefer a food scale when accuracy actually matters
Post Reply