Page 1 of 1

How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:35 pm
by xidh
How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:41 pm
by mejihe
I weigh the entire cooked batch first and then divide it into equal portions

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 4:56 pm
by deceron
A kitchen scale makes bulk meal prep much easier especially when the meals have different ingredients

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 4:57 pm
by petor
I weigh the entire cooked batch first and then divide it into equal portions

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:02 pm
by reyan treh
I used to eyeball portions but they were never really consistent from one meal to another

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:14 pm
by tapiye
Meal prep containers with separate sections help me keep the portions fairly consistent

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:15 pm
by cehayi
I calculate the total recipe first and then divide the calories and macros across the number of servings

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:15 pm
by ninaco
For foods like rice and pasta I find weighing the cooked amount more practical when preparing several meals

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:16 pm
by titem
I try not to make every container perfectly identical because a small difference is not going to matter much

Re: How Do You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:17 pm
by raroxe
Measuring cups can work but I prefer a food scale when accuracy actually matters