How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Easy and nutritious recipes from members around the world.

Image
Post Reply
filit
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:11 am

How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by filit »

How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?
deceron
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:17 am

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by deceron »

I usually weigh the entire cooked batch first and then divide it into equal portions
mejihe
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:24 pm

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by mejihe »

Using a food scale makes bulk meal prep much easier because eyeballing portions can be surprisingly inaccurate
xidh
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:40 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by xidh »

I divide the finished food into containers while it is still fresh so every container gets roughly the same amount
raroxe
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:41 pm

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by raroxe »

Using the same size containers helps keep my portions consistent from meal to meal
jiyap
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by jiyap »

I portion everything immediately after cooking instead of leaving the whole batch in one container
titem
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:40 pm

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by titem »

For things like rice and pasta I weigh the cooked amount and divide it evenly between containers
kidev
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:43 pm

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by kidev »

I use a measuring cup for foods that are difficult to weigh quickly but a scale is still more accurate
kagid
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:45 pm

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Post by kagid »

I decide the portion size before I start cooking so I know exactly how much food I need to prepare
Post Reply