Page 1 of 1

How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 5:58 am
by filit
How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 5:59 am
by deceron
I usually weigh the entire cooked batch first and then divide it into equal portions

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:01 am
by mejihe
Using a food scale makes bulk meal prep much easier because eyeballing portions can be surprisingly inaccurate

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:01 am
by xidh
I divide the finished food into containers while it is still fresh so every container gets roughly the same amount

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:03 am
by raroxe
Using the same size containers helps keep my portions consistent from meal to meal

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:06 am
by jiyap
I portion everything immediately after cooking instead of leaving the whole batch in one container

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:09 am
by titem
For things like rice and pasta I weigh the cooked amount and divide it evenly between containers

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:09 am
by kidev
I use a measuring cup for foods that are difficult to weigh quickly but a scale is still more accurate

Re: How Can You Control Portion Sizes When Preparing Meals in Bulk?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:10 am
by kagid
I decide the portion size before I start cooking so I know exactly how much food I need to prepare