Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

💊 Talk about pre-workouts, protein powders, creatine, and more.

Image
JohnHr5
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:08 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by JohnHr5 »

Lately I’m seeing more people bringing back dextrose, carb powders, even gummy bears during their workouts. Anyone actually noticing better pumps, stamina or strength from it? Or is it just extra sugar with no real benefit? Curious what’s been working for you all.
Robert Davis
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:10 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by Robert Davis »

I’ve been using 20g dextrose on leg day and dude… the pump feels illegal. I don’t fade out as fast on high-rep sets.
BoltXc4
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:41 pm

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by BoltXc4 »

Cyclic dextrin is the cleanest carb source I’ve tried. Zero bloat, zero crash. Just pricey as hell.
Riff!77
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:38 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by Riff!77 »

Honestly, unless you’re training 75+ minutes, it’s kinda overkill. Short sessions won’t see much difference.
JohnHr5
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:08 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by JohnHr5 »

Yeah my sessions run like 80–90 mins on heavy days, so maybe that’s why I keep hearing people swear by it. Just don’t wanna be drinking sugar water for nothing lol.
Barry-65
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:47 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by Barry-65 »

It definitely helps with volume. When I hit back or legs, intra carbs keep my later sets from turning into jelly reps.
Diesel$59
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:49 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by Diesel$59 »

Bro I just eat gummy bears mid-lift. Simple carbs, fast hit, tastes good. Judge me all you want 😂
Brody778
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2025 6:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by Brody778 »

Dextrose + electrolytes is the combo. Hydration + carbs keeps performance steady. Just don’t go overboard or you’ll feel sloshy.
JohnHr5
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2025 7:08 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by JohnHr5 »

Thinking I’ll start with like 20–25g and see if I notice a difference. Don’t wanna be that dude dry heaving mid-set from too much sugar 😂
NickLDX4
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2025 5:43 pm

Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?

Post by NickLDX4 »

Endurance athletes have been doing this forever. Lifters are just realizing it actually works for long, intense sessions.
Post Reply