Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Lately I’m seeing more people bringing back dextrose, carb powders, even gummy bears during their workouts. Anyone actually noticing better pumps, stamina or strength from it? Or is it just extra sugar with no real benefit? Curious what’s been working for you all.
-
Robert Davis
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 7:10 pm
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
I’ve been using 20g dextrose on leg day and dude… the pump feels illegal. I don’t fade out as fast on high-rep sets.
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Cyclic dextrin is the cleanest carb source I’ve tried. Zero bloat, zero crash. Just pricey as hell.
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Honestly, unless you’re training 75+ minutes, it’s kinda overkill. Short sessions won’t see much difference.
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Yeah my sessions run like 80–90 mins on heavy days, so maybe that’s why I keep hearing people swear by it. Just don’t wanna be drinking sugar water for nothing lol.
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
It definitely helps with volume. When I hit back or legs, intra carbs keep my later sets from turning into jelly reps.
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Dextrose + electrolytes is the combo. Hydration + carbs keeps performance steady. Just don’t go overboard or you’ll feel sloshy.
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Thinking I’ll start with like 20–25g and see if I notice a difference. Don’t wanna be that dude dry heaving mid-set from too much sugar 
Re: Are Intra-Workout Carbs Still Worth It?
Endurance athletes have been doing this forever. Lifters are just realizing it actually works for long, intense sessions.
