
How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
I started by calculating my calories first, then split them into protein, carbs, and fats. That made it much easier.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
Honestly, I just used an online macro calculator as a starting point and adjusted after a couple of weeks.
-
reyan treh
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:08 pm
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
Aim for enough protein first. Once I hit my protein target, I fill the rest with carbs and healthy fats.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
Your macros depend on your goal. Fat loss, muscle gain, and maintenance all need different ratios.
-
rifem nirah
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:17 am
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
I track everything with an app. It takes a little time at first, but it becomes second nature.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
My trainer set my macros based on my activity level, and they've worked really well so far.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
Calories matter most, but macros definitely help if you're trying to improve body composition.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
I made the mistake of eating too little fat. Don't ignore healthy fats when planning your meals.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?
My biggest improvement came from weighing my food instead of guessing portions.