How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Tools, tips, and experiences on tracking calories and macros.
mitim
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:13 am

How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by mitim »

Image
cehayi
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:11 am

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by cehayi »

I started by calculating my calories first, then split them into protein, carbs, and fats. That made it much easier.
tapiye
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by tapiye »

Honestly, I just used an online macro calculator as a starting point and adjusted after a couple of weeks.
reyan treh
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:08 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by reyan treh »

Aim for enough protein first. Once I hit my protein target, I fill the rest with carbs and healthy fats.
petor
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 6:59 pm

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by petor »

Your macros depend on your goal. Fat loss, muscle gain, and maintenance all need different ratios.
rifem nirah
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:17 am

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by rifem nirah »

I track everything with an app. It takes a little time at first, but it becomes second nature.
firat
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:20 am

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by firat »

My trainer set my macros based on my activity level, and they've worked really well so far.
ninaco
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:01 am

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by ninaco »

Calories matter most, but macros definitely help if you're trying to improve body composition.
javona
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:07 am

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by javona »

I made the mistake of eating too little fat. Don't ignore healthy fats when planning your meals.
filit
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:11 am

Re: How Do I Calculate My Macros Correctly?

Post by filit »

My biggest improvement came from weighing my food instead of guessing portions.
Post Reply