Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Tools, tips, and experiences on tracking calories and macros.
Post Reply
goficox
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2026 4:47 pm

Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by goficox »

If your goal is to build muscle, should you simply eat more calories, or do you need to carefully track your protein, carbs, and fats? Many people hit their calorie target every day but still struggle to gain quality muscle, while others obsess over macros and wonder if it's even necessary.
jiyap
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by jiyap »

I focus on calories first then make sure I hit enough protein every day
raroxe
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:41 pm

Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by raroxe »

Macros work better for me because I feel stronger when my protein and carbs stay consistent
xidh
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:40 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by xidh »

I just eat in a calorie surplus and everything else falls into place
dinaha
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2026 12:46 pm

Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by dinaha »

I think both matter but protein is the one thing I never skip
filit
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:11 am

Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by filit »

Calories help you gain weight but macros help you gain better quality muscle
javona
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:07 am

Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by javona »

I use macros because I want to gain muscle without adding too much fat
ninaco
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:01 am

Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?

Post by ninaco »

As long as I eat enough protein I do not stress over the rest
Post Reply